· Compile and maintain lists of archaeological sites or other appropriate cultural resources that are preserved, threatened, or destroyed.
· Nominate the most significant archaeological sites to the National Register of Historic Places and the California Register of Historic Properties.
· Obtain available funding for the preservation of cultural resources.
· Provide cultural resource preservation input to appropriate state, federal, and local agencies.
· Establish and promote communication networks for cultural resource preservation.
· Promote stewardship programs for cultural resource sites.
· Consider appropriate actions to defend and protect significant cultural resources [more]